Monday, July 21, 2014

Living Room Picture Ledge

Way back in 2013, my living room was pretty put together.  I had my nice little 32" TV in a freshly painted armoire and some nice little Chicago Instagram pics framed down the wall.
I also had a lovely plant that I managed to kill in record time.  Fast forward to 2014, I upgraded to a 60" TV with a new IKEA console.  I love that I can actually read words on the screen now!
I also got a lovely Rubber Tree.  It has been dropping leaves lately so don't hold your breath on that lasting forever.  I loved the new set up but have been staring at that wall for 6 months now trying to figure out what to put on the wall.  This weekend I caught up on 6 episodes of Fixer Upper on HGTV and I guess I got inspired.  I went digging around in my garage for something to make.  I came up with the idea to make a picture ledge with a spare 8' 2x3 leftover from my closet remodel.  That and a little leftover white paint and some leftover hardware from my guest room headboard project had me on my way. 

As you can see, I did this project while watching Big Brother.  Go #TeamDonny!  Anyway, it was a pretty easy install.  The shelf is centered on the wall at 64".  I may need to move the TV a smidge because I don't think it's centered.  Sorry for the poor evening lighting.  My iPhone and the recessed canned lights in the house do not mix.
I don't know what art will go up there but I'm working on getting a few prints and a little more color and height variety.  I guess I should start watching more HGTV since it tends to be what motivates me to get things done these days.  I'm pretty hooked on Fixer Upper and last night I caught the first episode of Flip This Block.  I have a new free furniture piece arriving soon that will need a major overhaul so stay tuned for my next adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great and I love Fixer Upper, too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete