Monday, April 8, 2013

New Flower Bed

I love weekend projects that pack a big punch when they are done.  This weekend's weather was great so I decided to tackle the back fence in my back yard.  I had planted roses at the end of last summer but never got around to creating the actual beds they would live in.
Please ignore the weeds that are all over the yard.  I'm working on getting those out but for now I just welcome the greenness of them.  I had about 20 concrete bricks in the bed on the far right so I headed to Home Depot to pick up 40 more for my expansion.
40 stones at 25 lbs each.  Each carried one by one from my car to the back porch and then from the porch to the yard.  That's quite the workout.

I got them laid out Saturday morning and then Sunday morning went back to Home Depot to stock up on some more flowers and mulch.
Between the hole digging and mulch toting, Sunday was another workout.  It all turned out great though!


I can't wait until things start to fill in a little.  It's hard to see but I added another rose bush, several flowers and then my crape myrtle is starting to grow a little.
If I can keep everything alive I think it is really going to look nice in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment