Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Begins

Rainy weekends and late freezes have been hampering my spring yard projects.  I think we are finally past the freezes so in between a few rain storms this weekend, I was able to get a little bit done.  I started with some color to get me in the mood to tackle the larger projects...like my weed issues and building out flower beds in the back.

I also refreshed the soil in my garden and planted a few items.  I am starting with 3 tomato plants, 1 jalapeno, 1 habenero and a squash plant.  This year I've removed the lattice squares.  This will help give the squash room to spread, as it tended to do last year.  In the pots I've got sweet basil, cilantro and then I'm trying my hand at some strawberries.
I actually planted the tomatoes a couple of weeks ago and they have really grown.  The others I just bought Saturday.  I still have plenty of room for a few more veggies but I'm still deciding what to add.  In the mean time I've got beds to build and weeds to kill.  The only thing still alive in one of my back bed seems to be my dog, who is really going to have to find a new place to hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment