Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Target + Neiman Marcus

Yes, I was lined up at 7:30 am on Saturday for the much awaited Target & Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection to debut.  I would rank in below the great Missoni release mostly because it was a higher price point overall and the collection did not have a lot of decor items. But this does not mean I didn't buy anything.  I managed to get a Thom Browne blazer and a Marc Jacobs clutch and then my favorite purchase was the Tracy Reese dessert plates.
I liked them so much I bought 2 sets.  I don't actually plan on serving dessert on them though.  I think they are going to look fabulous on the wall in my guest room.  I want to hang them above the headboard (which doesn't actually exist yet).


I really think they are going to look great.  I need to buy some plate hangers and I potentially need to find a larger plate for the center of my planned hangings. 
 
I'm imagining a diamond shaped layout with the ninth larger plate being at the center of my 8 dessert plates.  I wish they had more decorative items in the collection, but at the rate things were priced it is probably best that they didn't.

2 comments:

  1. I actually hung these plates in my dining room and I think they look great! The colors look gorgeous with your bedspread.

    repurposedlifedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks great! Love your blog too!

    I'm in the process of collecting Disc hangers but my Container Store ran out of stock. I'm glad to hear they work!

    ReplyDelete