Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Motivated by Company

It's amazing what the pressure of incoming company can motivate you to finish around your house.  This past weekend I had not one, but two visitors!  They were actually part of a number of visitors that came in town to celebrate one of our friends at a baby shower.  I've slowly been working on getting my guest room reorganized and painted but unfortunately that is still not done.  You'll have to stay tuned.  But I did get some minor electrical work done!

The ceiling fan light fixtures in my guest room and office were the same and they both got upgraded.  Here is what they looked like before.
With eight foot ceilings and a small square footage, there was no reason to have these lighting cans pointing in various directions.  They cast odd shadows around the room and really didn't do their job very well.  I swapped them both out with a single bulb simple dome light.
Obviously this is my office, but it's the exact same as the guest room.  This light works so much better although I'm still trying to find the perfect bulbs for each room.  I'm really having issues around the house coordinating the CFL bulbs...warm white v. bright white v. daylight.  Different rooms look better with different colors and it's been a bit of trial and error with whatever I've had on hand.

Because I was having two guests at the house, I converted the office into a guest bedroom for the weekend thanks to my new air mattress.
I bought it off Amazon for $45.  It's awesome!  It takes about 2 minutes to inflate itself after you plug it in.  Just set it and forget it!  I wasn't really paying attention when pulling out linens or it may have matched a little better.  That's a combo of a couple different bedding sets.
I love that it inflates to the size of a normal queen bed and I don't have to ask guests to sleep a mere 6 inches off the ground.  It was a great buy.  It also folds back into a bag for easy storage.  I also got the blackout shades installed in the guest room similar to the ones in my office.  More on that later.  After I finished those little tweaks to the rooms, I set out some fresh flowers and enjoyed a fabulous weekend with my friends.



2 comments:

  1. The air mattress is awesome! It looks like a for real bed. Keep it handy for when me and my Frisco peeps come down for a weekend in the big city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole house looked amazing!! I must say the air mattress was quite comfy too - Thanks for letting me crash in such style and comfort ;-)

    ReplyDelete