Monday, June 20, 2011

Different Strokes for Different Folks

For the most part, the interior of my little house is great.  Everything is fresh and fairly new considering the house was originally built in the 1940s.  Unfortunately the previous owner and I have very different tastes.  Previous Owner (PO) liked beige.  I mean REALLY liked beige.  I have beige walls, beige moldings and even beige ceilings.  It makes the rooms seem smaller than they really are and I can't wait to get some cooler tones on the walls.  Here are some interior shots from when I first looked at the house.  You can get an idea of PO's taste.

Those Hallway Drapes were the first thing I took down!

And while the drapes aren't my style, I'm glad they were left behind for the meantime

One big beige room. 
My big beige Living Room will be the first room I tackle.  The molding will be painted white and the walls will be light grey.  From there I'll work on painting the fireplace dark grey and the ceiling a normal white.  Here is a mood board to give you an idea of the look I'll be going for.
living room gray

No comments:

Post a Comment