Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grey Area

I never realized how many shades of grey there were until I had to commit to one to grace the walls of the back half of the house.  For weeks I have been staring at paint chips collected from various stores and various brands.
Some were too blue, too brown, too green, too purple and believe it or not, some were too grey.  I finally decided on Olympus White from Sherwin Williams but ended up color matching it with Behr simply because running to Home Depot was more convenient for my Sunday morning plans. 
Armed with two gallons of Sterling and several types of paint brushes/rollers, I began to tranform my Big Beige Room.  What a difference!  It's not longer a beige cave.  It's light and airy.  The addition of a dark grey fireplace and a slate couch that I have yet to purchase will really balance it all out and ready it for fun pops of color.


Just ignore the beige ceilings...


1 comment:

  1. WOW! That really did make a difference! I love it and I love the way you write - looking forward to reading more about your home transformation.

    ReplyDelete