Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Frugal Furniture

I've known I wanted a sectional for a long time.  I wanted a big piece that could pack in the people for Football games, Oscar parties and Wii throw-downs.  My condo living room could never handle the layout so when it came to house hunting, I mentally placed my mental sectional in all potential houses.  The Big Beige Grey Room is perfect for my imaginary Supersized Sofa.  My budget quickly ruled out most sectionals but when I ran across 'Karl' on one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love , I knew it was meant to be.  All this couch for under $1400!

I managed to run up to IKEA on my lunch break today, and come Friday morning I, too, will own a Karl.  I ordered mine in the same dark grey and I think it will be perfect with the light grey walls.  I plan on accessorizing with oranges and blues.  My goal is to finish painting the beige fireplace by Thursday night. And hopefully I will figure out how to put Karl together by the time College Football starts back up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment