Monday, June 27, 2011

Going Green

My little house sat very lonely in the months up until I purchased it.  The grass is a little on the sad side, the plants all a little brown and cripsy.  And then one bed was completely naked.
I'm slowly getting the flower beds cleaned up and pruned but had to take a moment to fill my poor naked bed.  With help from my dad (aka the dirt shoveler) I added a few boxwoods that should eventually fill in the space and help with the overall drainage off the front porch.  I think we did a pretty good job.
Now on a sad note...I proudly showed my dad some of the new green growth I was getting in my backyard.  I figured this was due to my excellent mowing/fertillizing/watering skills.  He regretfully informed me that the patches were Johnson Grass and Crab Grass.  Now 'grass' in the name may throw you off, as it did me, but they are weeds and I must now kill them.  Sigh.  And here I thought I was just a natural green thumb with grass-whispering abilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment