Monday, May 19, 2014

Backyard Planting Finished

After a ridiculous number of trips to Home Depot and Lowe's, I am finally done planting in the back yard.  This weekend I finished the last of the pots.  Hopefully I can get everything established before the crazy heat sets in for the summer.  I also added new rugs, since the cheap and fun plastic rugs I buy for the back tend to disintegrate after a year.
 My tomatoes are growing like mad.  I've also got some peppers, squash, asparagus and various herbs attempting to grow.
 I got several perennials for this corner that I'm really hoping become permanent.  Meaning, I hope I don't kill them.  My hydrangea is doing so much better than the last one I tried! 

 
The pots have quite a variety of annuals in them.  I know geraniums always work for me but I tried to add in some new stuff as well.

 I bought a mandevilla vine for my trellis (since I killed the previous vine) and until it starts growing, I'm using my solar IKEA bird lights to decorate.  They are pretty cute.
 
Hopefully with a dedication to watering, I will keep the yard looking great!

No comments:

Post a Comment