Friday, May 23, 2014

Target Continues to Get Me

A few weeks ago I was walking through Target and let out an audible gasp.  I found that they were now carrying paint and removable wallpaper. This picture is sideways but you get the idea.
 
 
 
I had no idea where I needed wallpaper in my house, but I knew I needed it.  I bought one roll of the turquoise Moroccan print and a small paint sampler.  The roll was 20" wide and 16.5' long so I was pretty limited in what I could do with one roll.  I literally walked around my house holding it up to things until I got to my guest room and stopped.
 
 It looked awesome with the bedspread.  I didn't have enough to do a whole wall so I started brainstorming.  I considered doing just the bottom half on the wall and have it act as a sort of headboard.  Then I remembered the scrap of wood in my garage from when I converted the metal trash bin holder into a table.
 It was perfect!  I wanted to paint the edges and went ahead and gave the whole thing a coat of paint thinking that would help the paper stick.  It was so easy to stick on and create an insta-headboard.
 I've been having fun with my scraps too.  I lined the drawers in the guest room.
 I backed the shelves in my closet.  It made me want to wallpaper the whole closet.

 
I also have a test piece hanging in the kitchen.  If I found a cute pattern, it'd be an easy way to cover up my backsplash until the Magic Genie of Home Renovation delivers my Kitchen Remodel Fund*. 
This paper really has so many possibilities.  It's $30 a roll so it would add up quick for a large project but it doesn't take much to make a big impact in a room.  I really have no frame of reference as far as what regular wallpaper costs but considering this stuff is already stick and can be removed without causing damage to surfaces, I really can't see myself going that route.

*No such Genie exists.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the color! I'm also waiting on the kitchen remodel fund to appear in my checking account. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good!! Can't wait to stay in the super stylish and cute guest room :)

    ReplyDelete