Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bathroom Window Treatment

I searched premade window treatments for my little window in my guest bath but I either didn't like what I found or didn't want to fork over the money for it.  Story of my life.
I decided I was better off just making my own.  I searched fabric stores online but nothing really jumped out at me.  I liked how the ugly old shade let in light so I didn't want anything too heavy yet I didn't want just plain white.  I decided to just roam Target in search of fabric I liked.  I checked out their drapes, table clothes, sheets and shower curtains.  Random, yes.  But a cheap way to find fabric.  I found a keeper in the shower curtain aisle!
It is white with just a simple border pattern around the bottom.  My goal is to eventually sew this into a roman shade with the border along the bottom of the shade.  But until I get around for that, I figured I would just wrap it around my existing shade since the curtain was basically twice the width of my shade.

Biscuit was helpful as always with this process.  What's it with dogs and the need to sit on things?  I rolled the shade back up and stuck it on my window.

Not bad for a temporary fix.  Once I actually sew the roman shade, there will be less white at the bottom so the border will be lower.  And since I was at Target buying stuff (my new alarm clocks included) I picked up a couple more things for the bathroom including this awesome plant that I can not kill because it's plastic!
And I got a new print to hang above the towel rack.  It is a little bigger than the one I had hanging there before.
Hopefully I will finish painting all the trim tonight and be able to clean the bathroom back up.  It should be good to go until I get around to sewing my roman shade.  Note to self:  Google 'How to Make a Roman Shade' soon.

1 comment:

  1. A shower curtain turned Roman shade for your bathroom? That is very creative and resourceful of you, Thea! But I am surprised that you weren't able to find anything online since there are tons you can get now just by random search. I hope you get inspired to do more unique window treatments like this! #Roxie @ WindowTreatmentsPhiladelphia.com

    ReplyDelete