Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Terrific Trash!

Man, between the holidays and a nasty cold I've really fallen behind in life.  Fear not, I'm back.  Remember the nightstands I stole from my neighbors bulk trash pile in the middle of the night?
Over the past couple of weeks I'm been working on them off and on.  I sanded them all down and primed them with some Kilz primer I had on hand.

I decided on a bold Purple for the chests.  After a failed attempt at buying regular paint to use, I resorted to my old standby...spray paint.  It worked like a charm!

I moved them into my bedroom and they work great!  It's still a work in progress in here.  I need to figure out what I'm doing with my headboard situation but I'm still up in the air on that.

So the some total of this project amounted to 2 cans of purple spray paint...$7.50.  You just can't beat that.  I think they look like I could have spent a couple hundred on them.

1 comment:

  1. These look so awesome! Love the purple!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete