Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Construction Begins!

Sunday morning my paint was dry and I hit up Home Depot for my supplies.
Everything set me back about $200.  I paid a little extra to make sure some of my rods and hardware were "heavy duty".  Last thing I need is this closet collapsing on me.  I'm using a Closetmaid shelf system for the back of my closet.  It was $99 but worth the time and energy not to build the shelves myself.
I started out putting these together as the height of the shelving unit will be my guide for additional shelving I will install.
I was sure to follow the instructions carefully and make sure the shelves were level and well secured to the wall.  Again, don't want anything falling down on me.  It was pretty easy to get together and seems very sturdy now that I have it all in place.
I finished it up Sunday evening and decided I had enough time to at least get one rod up.  I was careful to measure everything and keep it level.

I went with heavy duty oak rods because they would be easier for me to size down than the metal ones.  I was going to paint them white but decided not to in case the hangers eventually wore off the paint and made it look tacky.
I got the rod hung at a perfect fit for my hangers!  Now all I have to do is throw up 2 more rods and a top shelf and I will once again have a closet.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment