Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY Curtains

I searched pretty high and low to find curtains for my kitchen.  Unfortunately I just could not find what I was looking for.  I needed to lose the drab rusty curtains for something lighter and a little more fun.
No problemo.  This was nothing that couldn't be solved with my good ol' sewing machine and some elbow grease.  I found some great fabric and fun trim at Fabric.com and ordered it. 

A little crazy but trust me with this.  I ordered 5 yards of the yellow and white fabric and used the old curtains as my pattern.  Pattern sounds fancy when acutally it was just the guide on the size of 2 rectangles.


Adding the trim on was a little trickier but nothing I couldn't handle.  You just had to make sure the little balls didn't get sucked up into the foot of the machine.

Hanging them was a breeze.  I just clipped them on to the hardware that was already on the rod.  Note: my rod is a little crooked because the screw slid out of the drywall.  I will be fixing that soon.


It really brightened up that end of the kitchen.  And I love how the pattern matches my Jar O' Lemons on the table.  The trim just adds a little whimsy to it all.  It was a fun project, very easy and cheaper than store bought curtains!

1 comment: