Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dining Room Dilemmas

Well, ever since the Red Couch got evicted I've been mulling over my dining room.  Last I wrote, I was content with the colors and was going to try and work around them.  That didn't last very long.  It was just too much brown and beige and anything I came up with was going to look completely different than the rest of the house.  So now I am back to square one.
I have an insane amount of outlets
I think I am going to end up having to paint this room to ensure that it flows with the rest of the house.  I am considering using the same color as the living room or perhaps a shade darker.  Here you can see the mock-up I did on Sherwin-Williams' Color Visualizer.

It looks a little blue but you get the idea.  This will mean another ceiling to paint....  Perhaps this time I will hire a pro.  We shall see.  The drapes will also have to go. 

I planned on getting a rug to go under my dining table.  I figured a 5' x 8' would be plenty but decided to tape it off before ordering anything.

I should really water that plant back there...
The smaller corner represents a 5' X 8' rug.  Now this would be fine and dandy except for the fact that my dining room table has 3 additional leafs, at least one of which will soon be in it full time.  The outer perimeter shows an 8' x 10' rug.  It seems to be the correct sizing for the expanded table but it also seems to swallow the entire room.  What is a girl to do?  Do I forgo the rug all together?  I've hunted for 6' x 9' rugs but the selection is not nearly as good.  And now you see my dilemma.


So for now I think I'll move forward with painting the room.  And then I may start the refinishing process on the table and chairs.  I'm hoping to get them a deep, dark brown (darker than the floors).  I also need to find additional chairs that will work with the expanded table, as I only have four now.  My mom says I'm to blame my dad for that issue.  I've decided not to complain since they became mine for the low, low price of free.  Thanks, Mom and Dad! 

So until I solve my dilemmas...don't expect any invitations over for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment