Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dining Room Design

Now that I'm free of the big red couch, I can start thinking about what my dining room is going to look like.  I think the color and the curtains are growing on me so I'd like to possibly do the room around those colors.  The hard part will be making sure it still goes with the rest of the house.

I'm going to be a little smarter about this room and start with the rug.  It's so much easier to work around a rug versus track down a rug that works with your decorated room.  I had a 4' x 6' in the area before but it was a little too small, especially if I ever wanted to use the extra table leaf. 
I'm hoping for a 5' x 8' rug at a reasonable price.  The tones of the room are pretty warm so I'd like a warmer rug that still has color in it.  My chairs will eventually be reupholstered to match the new room and the table and chairs might eventually be restained.  Here are some ideas of rugs I'm looking at.

I'm in no rush to do this room so I'm sure I'll be mulling this decision for a while.  Feel free to throw in your two cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment