Friday, September 16, 2011

Solar Power

Last weekend while I was up at my parents, I scored some solar powered outdoor lights for the low, low price of FREE.  No bad considering I had been eyeing some just like these at Home Depot and Target waiting for them to go on sale.
Like everything else I bring home, they came in 472 pieces and I had to assemble them.
I thought they would look good along the back wall of my house, flanking the patio furniture and adding ambiance. 

Unfortunately when I stuck them down into the strip of dirt that lies between the patio and the house, this was the result:

No telling what's under there.  Some sort of extension of the wall?  It's a pier and beam house so it wouldn't be slab.  I tried a few different spots and got the same result.  Plan B.

I stuck a couple out by the glider.  Just 8 more to find homes for.  I may add more here, but first I want to see how they look after getting a full day of solar charge.  And I can always put them along the opposite side of the main patio.  I'm holding off on testing that layout until I mow and edge this weekend.

Where ever they end up, they are going to be great for entertaining!  Thanks, parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment