Monday, September 12, 2011

Eviction Notice

He had to have known it was coming.  I mean, when I brought in the new bigger and better sectional sofa and stuck him awkwardly in the dining room he had to know his days were numbered.
I've had 10 good years with that red couch but it was finally time to part ways.  I thought I might put him in my office or bedroom but he doesn't fit through any of the doorways...except for the front door.  My parents neighborhood was having a neighborhood-wide yard sale and I knew if was the perfect time to unload this massive couch.  My dad kindly offered (read: got suckered in) to help me move the couch up to their house for the sale.  He even drove the big ol' Uhaul truck!
Thanks, Dad!

Saturday morning we set it out on the lawn along with other items being evicted from our houses: a bed, power tools, curtains, a breadmaker, etc.
A few hours into the sale, we had seen ZERO interest in the couch.  I really thought I was going to be stuck with it forever.  Luckily it finally got snagged up about the time we'd lost all hope.  Wish I could say the same for that breadmaker.  I'm pretty sure my mom's still bitter.  I can now try to figure out what to do with the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment