Friday, September 23, 2011

Giant Jenga

Original Jenga is fun.  But super-sized Jenga awesome.  I have seen them at a few places around town and decided I needed one for my backyard.  I also decided it seemed simple enough to make myself. 

The Original Jenga
First I grabbed some 2x4s at Lowe's while I was buying my plywood from yesterday's post.  Total materials cost: $14.
I ended up using 4 10 foot 2x4s.  Sadly, I do not own a table saw.  Instead, I hand sawed all the 10.5" blocks using a saw and miter box. 

If I ever decide to go into the Giant Jenga making business...I will invest in a table saw.  It took two long nights to finish all the cutting.  This is the reason I set up shop in the living room.  At least I could watch my shows as I sawed for hours on end.

I generated a lot of sawdust, but thanks to my Dyson everything cleaned right up. 

After finishing all my cuts it was time to sand away all the rough edges.  Luckily I do own a palm sander so this process didn't take too long.

I'm pretty sure I've got massive arm muscles after 3 nights spent on this project.  But it was totally worth it!  I can't wait to play when people come over on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment