Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missoni Mission

After weeks of waiting for the Missoni collection to debut at Target on September 13, I completely forgot about it yesterday until the afternoon.  I had plans to go before work but I guess it slipped my mind.  The collection has about 400 items that are roughly 90% of normal Missoni retail.  Now of course the quality is different but the style is still great.  I had my eyes on several of the clothing pieces but also several of the home goods.
I love all the chevron patterns. A lot of the pieces would look great in my living room, matching my rug.  Sadly since I forgot all about the debut, I did not make it until after work.  Targets around the US had lines when the doors opened at 8am and the website was down most of the day.  By the time I made it there by 5:30, the Missoni racks were cleaned out.  The clothes were 100% sold out.  I did manage to snag a couple of straggler home items.

  I love this silver plated cermatic vase.  And since the random single salad plate happened to match, I grabbed it too.  I will use it as a tray or candle holder.  The eye mask is totally random.  But it was there.  And I lost mine on a recent trip.  I will continue to check back at various Targets through October 22nd, hoping to score a few more pieces.  I'm really trying to find this vase, to go with my floral one:
Until I find more, I will just be happy with the pieces I did end up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment