Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Closet Control

While my house is jammed packed with closets galore, my master bedroom's is smaller than I was used to at my old condo.  I've had to keep shifting things around to find a configuration that works.  First I added a new dresser.
This helped me thin out my clothes a little bit.  Once I switch my closet over for fall/winter, I suspect I'll thin clothes out a little more via Goodwill.  The main problem was my shoes.  I was trying to use an over the door shoe rack but it made closing my closet difficult and was tacky looking when I left my closet door open all the time.  I don't have a good picture of it but you can kind of get an idea below.

Inside the closet I had one tiered shoe rack that I brought from the condo and then some plastic racks I bought for about $3.
I know, shoe racks work better when you actually put shoes on them.  But that became my problem.  The plastic racks were annoying to use.  To get to the back rows I had to climb under the hanging clothes.  I finally just ended up tossing the cheap rack and getting another tiered one.

Not the most exciting post to read, but to me this is exciting.  I hate a messy closet.  As a matter of fact, I really want to reach through my monitor and close that bottom drawer on the dresser. 

I'm just happy I was able to find a solution without, God forbid, having to get rid of any shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment