Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hand-me-down Furniture

As I've previously mentioned, my friends are moving away at an alarming rate.  It is sad but out of this sadness there is a bright spot....cheap hand-me-down furniture!  My master bedroom in the new house is larger than any bedroom I've ever had to furnish.  I've got an awkward nook or niche or what have you.  Here's what it looked like when I first looked at the house, while it was still under Previous Owner's Beige Reign.
 And here's what it's looked like the past couple of months under my reign.  I managed to get the walls painted, but still not ceiling work.  You can see my painting supplies on the left just ready to get back to work. 
The random ottoman has a large chair that goes with it that has been trapped in my storage unit since the move.  It's so large that it didn't fit in my SUV.  Well, thanks to my friends Ryan and Daniel things made a big turn around this weekend.  Daniel helped me move my chair in his truck and moved over some furniture that I bought from Ryan!  So now my nook is a bit more populated.
The dresser helped de-cramp my closet and now holds the TV.  The chair, while way too large for the space and in need of recovering, is a nice place to sit and watch shows.  The full length mirror matches the dresser and has a matching nightstand.

The left nightstand is the new one and the right one is what my TV used to be sitting on.  They don't match perfectly but it still works.  Now that I have actual furniture in my bedroom maybe I can get the decorating started.  I plan to bring more color to the bed and walls to help make the room a little cozier.  Not to mention buy drapes for the bay window that actually go all the way to the ground.  Not sure what Previous Owner was thinking on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment