Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rod Redo

The final step on finishing my living room windows was to update the curtain rods.  They are bronze/gold and I felt black would look better.  Big shocker coming up....I decided to spray paint them! 

I took them out back to my trusty paint box.  I used another piece of scrap cardboard to protect the grass from becoming black. 
After spraying one end, I would just move the box to the opposite side of the cardboard.  I did one coat and then rotated the rods and caught any sections I had missed.

While my curtain rods baked in the hot Texas sun, I went in to work on the curtains.  The curtains I had purchased at Garden Ridge were lined but not with the thick thermal lining that the Previous Owner's curtains had.  I hung the old lining behind my new curtains but the weight and the bulk was too much for my curtain hooks.  They kept falling down and were not helping to keep out the heat as they lie crumpled on the floor.  I finally got around to actually sewing the lining to the new curtains.


It was pretty easy which is good since as you can see, Pablo was of no help.  Once sewn together, I ironed the tops and reattached the hooks.  My paint was dry and everything was ready to be put back together.


It's a subtle difference but I wasn't looking to make a huge impact.  After all, it's just a curtain rod.


Before

After


No comments:

Post a Comment