Monday, August 8, 2011

Backyard Haircut

I have been struggling to keep my lawn from dying in the heat wave we've been having for the past several weeks.  I think I'm losing the battle.  Oddily enough the grass that insists on growing up between my pave stones is thriving.  Yet another battle I'm losing. 
I am still working on killing the grass with Roundup but the process is taking longer than I expected.  This weekend I finally braved the heat to give it a good trim. 
Armed with my weed eater and leaf blower I tackled the entire patio in about an hour.  It probably shouldn't have taken that long, but I started after mowing my lawn in the heat and the entire project was in direct sun.  Needless to say the project required several water breaks and indoor AC breaks.  My arms were ready to fall off by the time I finished but at least my patio looked great!

And now my patio looks much more presentable for company.  Let's hope it stays this way for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment