Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eat In Kitchen, Now Eat In-able

I made a decision on my kitchen table!  I decided to go all white.  My post on Friday had two different versions that were roughly the same price.  I went with the one from IKEA since I could pick it up at the store versus ordering the other one online from CB2. 

In typical IKEA fashion, it came in a couple of boxes and involved several pieces.


The instructions are graphic only, no words.  I guess that saves them from having to translate them into 47 languages.  I inferred that I needed to assemble my table on a soft surface and set up shop in the living room.

It went together quickly and was surprisingly sturdy.  I was really impressed with the quality. 


As you can see the living room is a little chaotic from my ongoing painting.  The next task was to get this table into the kitchen.  Easier said than done.

Hmmm, I do not have a 42" wide doorway.  I had to figure out a way to not only tilt the table sideways, but also lift it up about shoulder level so that I could clear the cabinets on either side.  I really should have video taped this process.  It was quite comical. 

Ta da!  It is the perfect size.  Now I just need my chairs to come in and I will be set.  They are currently on a UPS truck somewhere in Middle America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment