Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheap Paper Art, Day 1

While in Chicago last week I wandered into a Paper Source with friends to find gift wrap for a shower gift.  They had the most fun selection of colorful sheets of wrap and immediately my brain started thinking of ways to use it at the house.


Rather than figure out how to get it home on the plane, I hit up the Dallas North Park location soon after I got back.  For $21 I got these 6 sheets and over the next 3 days I’ll show you how I’ve used them for three different room projects.  (four if you count the world map that will eventually hang in my office but that room is on the back burner for now)

With this very project in mind, I scored these three 12”x18” frames on clearance at Michael’s last weekend

Only $3.89 each!

I picked three prints I wanted to group together for my bedroom.  Laying the glass over the paper, I used scissors to cut the perimeter.


Once in the frame, I had instant art!



I planned on bright colors in my bedroom and these three prints are a great start.  I hung them in my newly furnished nook.  Since I’m not 100% on the furniture layout, I hung them on a preexisting center nail and then spaced the other two evenly on either side. 

I just love waking up to my new happy art that cost me a total of $22 - $10 for the “art” paper and $12 for the frames. 

No comments:

Post a Comment