Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Redoing the Newly Redone

Sometimes you try things and they just don't work.  This was the problem with my new duvet.
I absolutely love the colors but unfortunately the slight line of khaki that runs through the white part of the paisleys was clashing with the light grey walls and driving me nuts.  I was not about to repaint my room nor trash the new duvet.  As luck would have it, I'm adding a queen bed to the guest room and the duvet goes great with the walls in that room!
I know, it's a shocker.  A beige room that I plan on keeping beige...and I like it that way.  With the added color of the duvet and paprika nightstand, the walls and curtains will work perfect.

So now in my Master I'm back to square one with an all white bed.  I may just leave it that way or I might look into some grey bedding.  I have made one improvement to the room though.  While at IKEA last weekend I found bargain curtains left and right.  I was so excited at the prospect of buying drape panels for my bedroom that were actually the appropriate size, unlike the ones that came with the house.

Pre-move in

I found some great dark grey panels at Ikea.  They were sold in pairs and were 98" long.  They are blackout panels which is great for when I want to (or should I say get to) sleep in!
No idea why I have sunspots on this pictures.  Sometimes my camera has a mind of it's own.  (sidenote: Check the TV.  That's the Situation being carried off on a stretcher on Jersey Shore) I may eventually hem the panels but for now the random puddling on the floor isn't bothering me.  I'm too busy admiring their color!

No comments:

Post a Comment