Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Improving My Cheap Art

As you may recall, Cheap Paper Art, Day 2 left off with me on the hunt for a decal for my teal hanging.  Well folks, I finally found it at Target.  Not in the art section of the store, rather on an end cap near the dog treats.  Your guess is as good as mine.  I found the exact one I'd been stalking on the internet for only $10.

These wall decals are backed with a material similar to Post-it notes that allow you to spice up walls without committing to major painted murals.  They are also perfect for sticking atop my Paper Source wrapping paper art.  It came in four separate pieces on one sheet.

It also came with stick-on bling in the form of tiny rhinestones.  I put those aside; they would not be neccesary.
Starting with the middle chunk of the chandelier, I transferred the pieces over in about 5 minutes.  Piece of cake.



I love how it looks like it's hanging up against damask wallpaper.  It seems fitting.  So now my $4.95 art is up to $14.95 but it's still quite the steal.  I haven't figured out what to do about the frame yet, but I'm sure it will come to me eventually.


This is all a slow progress but I'm enjoying every step of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment