Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lamp Revamp

A few weeks ago, when I first embarked on my spray painting journey, I decided to bring some crisp new life to an old lamp that I use on my nightstand.
I love the simple shape to the lamp base but the color was a little too beige for me.  Being the new beige-hater that I am, I decided to spray paint it white.
Yes, I realize my alarm clock is from 1992.
Once I got it painted I put my old shade on it until I could find a white drum shade that would work.  A couple of weeks passed and then I found myself with not one, but two nightstands!  How very grown up of me.  I hadn't given it much thought (as I was too busy spray painting the world to worry about symmetry) until I stumbled upon the bargin of the century while grocery shopping at Super Target.  Shoved on an endcap in a completely different department was a very similarly shaped and sized white lamp for 75% off!

I snapped it up and raced my buggy over to the lamp aisle for drum shades.  As luck would have it they had exactly 2 in stock of the exact style I had in mind.  This was all meant to be.

I feel much more balanced now!  And I actually love the fact that they are not the same lamp because my nightstands are mismatched as well.  Now it kinda looks like I did it all on purpose rather than mixing and matching hand-me-downs and clearance items.  Love it!  I'm hoping once the room is finished they won't feel too stark white in the room, but if they do, I'll just grab a can of spray paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment