Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

I have been coveting this retro glider since before I even had an offer on my old condo.  I found it at Lowe's and was determined to get it once I got a new house.
Excuse my iPhone screen capture picture but this picture was a must.  Back before move-in at the new house my glider went on sale for $118.  I thought this was a great deal!  Well move in came and went and I just kept finding other things to spend that kind of money on.  I had pretty much forgotten all about it until I happened upon it online last week.  It was marked down to $49!!!  That was a price I couldn't pass up.  I ran over and picked it up during my lunch break.

It came in a bajillion pieces but the instructions assured me it would only take 60 minutes to assemble.

The instructions are obviously not familiar with Texas Summers.  With temps still in the 100s full assembly took me 2 days.  It seemed too much of a hassle to assemble inside and then move.  It wasn't like I was in a desperate need for additional backyard seating.   The delay was a combo of it being too hot for me to stand being outside and the metal getting too hot to mess with.  So 2 days later I had a fabulous new glider...
...and the perfect place to sit it!


No comments:

Post a Comment