Thursday, August 25, 2011

Going Yellow

Back in June I was Going Green.  My dad and I planted 3 green, lush boxwoods.  I had dreams of them growing strong and becoming one long hedge.
See, I imagined them growing up and looking sort of like this:

Well, then came the Great Dallas Drought of 2011.  Slowly my poor little boxwoods started drying out and becoming crispy and yellow. 


I have Miracle-Gro Food Spikes in them and have been trying to keep them watered.  I am not ready lose this battle.  I planted a boxwood at my old condo that I managed to keep alive for 10 years and I don't think I ever really watered it; it just kept growing.  That gives me hope that my triplets will pull through the living hell of a summer we've been having.  You don't even want to see what shape my other plants are in.  About half the vinca are still alive and my hosta holding on, but the Begonia is toast along with the petunia.  Sigh.

As I drove to work this morning, the skies poured down on me.  It took me a minute to recognize it as rain, as it's been so long since I've seen it.  Maybe this means things are turning around.  Let's hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment