Monday, August 15, 2011

Chalk Project #2

I still have over half a can of chalk board spray paint so I decided to tackle another project.  I keep my baking ingredients in mason jars in my cabinet.  Not because they are cool or trendy but because they are $1.40 each and do the job just as well as expensive canisters.  And since they live in a pantry it doesn't really matter what they look like.  I often get confused over which jar has what in it, since 3 of them are white.
For the record those are Brown Rice, Regular Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Flour and Brown Sugar.  I used painter's tape to make small squares on the front of each jar and then used pages from old gossip magazines to protect the rest of the jar from my spray painting.

They came out great!  I still have not mastered my chalk penmenship but hopefully with practice I'll be better.  I'm just excited that now I can glance up and tell what's in each jar without having to pull all of them down.

1 comment:

  1. Very clever idea! I am still amazed at all of your handy, crafty, HGTV-like skills :)

    ReplyDelete