Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moroccan Master

As Hank pointed out in an earlier post, my master bedroom was a little boring.  I managed to get my walls and trim painted using the same colors as the living room but that was as far as I'd gone.  I'd been trying to decide on a new duvet cover for a few weeks.  Well I finally pushed myself to make a decision.  I grabbed my 20% off coupon and marched down to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
I am looking to add a little bit of a Moroccan/Indian vibe to the bedroom.  This duvet didn't have all the different colors I wanted in it, but it was colorful enough that I figured I could add extra colors and it would all sorta blend.  We'll see how well that works out.
I bought two matching shams and then plan to mix other solid or small print pillow cases.  I keep 6 pillows on my bed.  Overkill?  Maybe, but they are all necessary and it allows me to layer on other colors.  The linens blend well with my cheap paper art:
And I even commandeered a throw pillow from the living room, deciding it was a better fit on my bed.


I still have a long way to go in this room but at least I now have a direction.  Here's a quick little mood board with other elements I'd like to bring in to the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment