Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waking up the Nightstand

Thanks to my Hand-me-down Furniture I ended up with 3 nightstands in my bedroom.  Two of them were very similar and thus became the actual nightstands on either side of my bed.
That left one lonely nightstand, a hand-me-down from my parents that I've had for years.  Even though I outsourced his job, I still wanted to keep him in my bedroom because he has two great storage drawers. 

I wasn't wild about his hardware or color but I knew those could both be changed.  Actually once I took the hardware off, it kind of grew on me.
I started off by throwing the drawers and then frame in my painting box and getting it primed for a brand new color scheme.  On a side note, the painting box has been living out back since we haven't had rain in Dallas in weeks.  The one weekend I leave town and leave the box outside, it rains.  I was a little nervous my box would be ruined but thanks to the 100 degree temperatures that resumed after the storm, my box was all dry by the time I got home. 
I had chosen Rust-Oleum's Paprika for the nightstand.  I figured it would look good with the new bedding and add a little pizazz to the room.
It took a couple of coats to really get the saturated color but it definitely livened up the piece.


Once it was all finished I reinstalled the old hardware.  It has grown on me, especially now that the nightstand is paprika! 
It's sitting in the corner right now but may eventually find a home on another wall.  I really like the way it works with my duvet cover and I'm playing with different colored objects to place atop it.  Other things to note in the photo below...1. I really need to pick the paint brush back up and paint my doors.  2.  Why would anyone buy and install window treatments that were 6" too short for their window?  This is a question only Previous Owner could answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment