Monday, August 29, 2011

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

How I manage to take a perfectly nice weekend and destroy it is beyond me.  But that is just about what I did.  I finally decided to start painting the ceilings in the living room.
I bought a 2 gallon bucket of ceiling paint a while back and have been dreading this project.  Now I know why.  Mercy!  By the time I hung up my paint brush on Saturday I had barely made a dent in the ceiling and had discovered that this is going to be a 2 coat job.


I am also finishing some hall trim and starting on my doors at the same time.  It's nice to have these projects when I get tired of staring straight up.  I woke up Sunday with all sorts of cricks and aches but knew that the show must go on. 


By the end of the weekend I managed to have completed about 50%...of the first coat.  Looks like I'll be painting every night after work.  I have no idea why I torture myself so but I do know for future ceiling painting projects, I will be hiring a Pro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment