Monday, August 1, 2011

More Spray Painting

I am constantly rearranging the objects on my fireplace because I've yet to find the right combo/placement of stuff.  Now that I have my tall Yellow Vase/Bottle Thing on the mantle I wanted something to balance it on the other side. 
I liked the white vase on the right but just wasn't feeling the green fake flowers I had in it.  I searched around the house and found the original red berries that used to live in the vase when it was in my old kitchen.  I like berry strands but need to change their color. 
 I grabbed my yellow spray paint and headed out back.  This poor box has been so many different colors over the last two months.  It's such a convenient way to paint things without making a mess and without requiring much cleanup.
I rigged a drying station for my berries using floral foam and some random object I found in my back yard.  I believe it is a lock for my fence gates.
After a couple of hours in the hot Texas sun, I brought in my new creations and threw them back in their old vase.  I really think it works!  It's balanced without looking too matchy-matchy. 
Now I'll probably move things around at least 12 more times before all is said and done, but this week I'm really digging the latest arrangement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment