Thursday, October 20, 2011

Go Go Gadget, Dining Table

Here is my dining room table looking the same as it has for the last several years I've had it.
I always knew it had extra leafs (leaves?  potterybarn.com says leaves, I'll go with that) but I had never really pursued getting those from my parents due to lack of space in my old condo.  This past weekend I brought all three leaves back and decided to take them for a spin.

Holy moly!!!!  It went from 64" to 100" right before my eyes.  Now this is actually a little more table than I need on a day to day basis, but it will be great for entertaining.  I think I'll stick to 2 full-time leaves for every day life.  I'm hoping to get the table stained darker than the floors eventually.  Something along the lines of this color:
Haverst Pedestal table from Pottery Barn
I will probably worry about acquiring 4-6 more chairs before staining.  Once I get my new chairs (which I hopefully find used and cheap!) I'll be able to recover the 4 old chairs.  They are currently a muted mustard yellow, but were once cream.
It seems like every little project just leads me to another.  Luckily I'm enjoying it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment