Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Officially a Homeowner

Now I know that I've been in the house for over six months, but thanks to a Christmas gift from my dad, I officially feel like a homeowner.
Yes, I have a rain gauge.  I can now put a numeric value on the showers and storms that pass overhead.  This makes me happy.  It will help me gauge how much water my lawn and flowers got and allow me to join into office water cooler chat the following day.  I'm pretty excited for it to rain now!

"We got 3 inches last night at my place.  It was a doozy!"
At my dad's suggestion I've hung it on the fence across from my bedroom window.  The thought being I can just peek out my window and see it!  Not sure if I'll actually be able to see that far but I can't wait to try it out.
Hard to see but it's right below my neighbor's red chair in this picture
Maybe I should put food coloring in it so the rain turns purple!  Or maybe I'll paint the slat of wood it's hanging on to give it some contrast.  Some many options.

No comments:

Post a Comment