Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Clowns are Creepy

In my earlier post about decorating the tree, I mentioned a creepy clown ornament that gets hung in the back of my Christmas tree every year.  You may wonder why I hang it at all.  Well, trees look better when they are decorated all the way around even if you can't see it.  So if you had to choose some filler ornaments to hang behind the tree, against the wall, wouldn't you choose your least favorite ones?  Here is my tree from the most popular viewing angle:
Notice that the back of my tree is facing my framed Chicago prints.  Let's move closer.

Look at the dead center of the above photo.  That menacing face is peering right back at you.  Creepy, right?  Let's move even closer.

Yikes!  Who came up with the idea to create this ornament in the first place?  Seriously.  Clowns do not belong on Christmas trees.  But because it was a gift, I hang this creepy guy year after year.  Granted I hang it out of sight, but trust me I always know it's there.

Sorry, couldn't resist one more close up.  To help clear this image from your mind, I will post a picture of the underside of my tree.  It's slowly filling with pretty presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment