Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More Fun With Mason Jars

If I was handing out superlatives for most versitile item in my house for 2011, Mason Jars would win hands down.  So far I've used them to sort spare parts in my garage:
And as flower vases for Nikki's shower:

Now I've found a way to incorporate them into my Christmas decorations.  It all started with some faux-tealights (battery operated) that I found at Walmart.


I put them up in the front dining room window, next to my little light up tree.  This tree was snagged at The Christmas Tree Shops for only 12.99!  It is not to be confused with Pablo's dwarf tree.

The yellow bench has wandered in from the living room to give my little tree a boost for the next couple of weeks.  Now for some reason I didn't get a picture of the tree lit up with my mason jar lights, but I did get the mason jars lit up.

I think these lights will also be great for next Halloween as well!  I now have the ability to make 6 and it only cost $3 for the tealights.  Of course I had mason jars on hand but if you were to go buy a dozen it would only set you back about $8.00.  I think everyone should go grab some now.  Seriously.  Oh, and I have another mason jar project that I can't wait to try!  I saw it on my friend Stacey's Pinterest and I hope to get it done this week.  Gotta love mason jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment