Monday, November 14, 2011

Garage Organizing

I now know how garages get so out of hand.  It starts off with just a few things stashed in the garage to get them out of the way.  And then empty boxes end up there.  And then spare parts to random items you've bought and self-assembled.  It just all adds up.  I never really got this until I got my own garage and things got out of hand.  This weekend I was determined to bring some order.  Bulk trash pick up is this week so I finally got rid of my patio furniture boxes from months ago.  And an old ironing board.  And TONS of tree trimmings.  Once I was able to see the floor again, I organized all the stuff that would stay.
I started off hanging this old shelf I had been storing on the floor in the garage.  My whodats and thingamabobs collection had grown out of control.  This shelf was my answer, along with a $6 set of jelly jars from Wal-Mart.

On a sidenote: That big white tub is completely full of dog food.  Do you know how long it will take Pablo to eat all that food?!?  I'm guessing at least a year or two.  Crazy.

Once I got the shelf hung and then double secured, I moved my doohickies to their new home.


Now there are all separated by purpose and not just in an odds and ends bucket.  Need a cup hook?  Got it.  Need a rubber washer?  Done.  I even have room for more whatchmacallits to enter my life.

I also organized my growing collection of interior room paint, noting which color goes in which room and then tucking them away for future touch-up needs. 

Pay no attention to the left side of the garage.  This weekend I only tackled the right 2/3s.  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment