Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tree Trimming Time

No, I'm not getting an early start on Christmas decorations.  I've been literally trimming my trees.  The giant oak in the front yard was starting to get a little "hairy" with new growth and I had some branches getting a little too close to my roof.  I also have a stealth pop-up tree in my sideyard that is getting out of control.  The whole tree needs to be removed but for now I just needed to cut off the branches.
Hairy branches

Too close for comfort


Wrong in so many ways
On day 1 I found myself armed only with a pair of hand pruners but I didn't let that discourage me. 
These little puppies did quite an impressive job when combined with my 6 ft ladder and tree climbing skills.

Day 2 had me at Home Depot to buy an actual tree pruner to finish off my work.  I don't have a picture of it but it's called the Power Stroker (googling for an image did not lead me to the product I was looking for) and it was $39.99.  It was perfect for finishing all my trimming.  Here are some after shots.


In addition to the Day 1 trimmings

A little more sunlight is finding its way to my front yard now that the oak tree is cleaned up.  This will help keep some of my plants alive, including my new fall mums!
Hopefully the bright fall flowers distract from the dead, yellow boxwoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment