Thursday, November 17, 2011

Initial Art

While on my JoAnn's shopping trip last week, armed with my 25% off coupon, I picked up these sturdy cardboard letters representing my initials.  I believe they set me back a whopping $6.00.

They are 12" tall and about 2" deep.  At the time I didn't really have a plan for them.  To be honest, I'm still not 100% but I'll share what I'm thinking this week.  First I decided to paint them black using more leftover Halloween pumpkin paint.
What?  You're not into African biting fly art?
 Now that they are painted, here is what I'm currently thinking.  I need art in my dining room above the new dresser-turned-sideboard.  I have decided that the sideboard will eventually be painted black and the gold hardware will be replaced (if that helps you visualize).
I was thinking of doing a gallery of pictures rather than one large piece.  Now that I have the letters I am going to try to work them in as well.  I will now present to you my very primitive design plan created with good old PowerPoint.
This is in no way drawn to scale but it gives you the idea for what I'm going for.  And here's a sampling of how I've been trying to plan it out in real life on the living room floor.

The two Warhols you see above (hanging out with my stencil art) are new.  There are also two prints upsidedown currently being flattened by coffee table books.  They will all eventually be in black frames.  I ordered the prints from posterrevolution.com via Amazon.  They ranged in price from $.99-$15 and all four cost me $27.  Not bad.  Hopefully once it is all framed I will like the arrangement and be able to get it up on the wall.  Otherwise, I'll just move on to Plan B.  So stay tuned...    

No comments:

Post a Comment