Friday, November 11, 2011

Cheap Stencil Art

I was at JoAnn's the other day picking something up and found myself throwing some canvases in my cart.  They were 50% off and then I had a coupon for 25% off my whole purchase.
I decided to start with the 8 x 10 canvases (3 for about $3 with the discounts).  I had some leftover paints from my pumpkin painting (less than a dollar per color) and thought I'd try my hand at some stencil art.  All this took was printing off silouettes that I googled and cutting them with my Xacto knife. 


Aside from drying the bottom coat overnight, this was a pretty quick project.  I did two stencils last weekend and then tossed them in some frames I had on hand.



Not sure why my pictures are sideways but not worried enough to fix it either.  I plan on hanging these in the dining room eventually.  And while I was at it with the stenciling, I decided to update my chalkboard in the kitchen.


See those red eyes?  Pure evil...
So all that entertainment and art created for just a few dollars.  Not too bad.  It's good practice because tomorrow night my mom and I are hitting Painting with A Twist to create our own Blue Dog masterpieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment