Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Let There Be Light

My new curtains in the master bedroom have been doing a great job of keeping out light and adding privacy from the general public.

I don't often sleep late on the weekends, but when the chance arises these puppies keep my bedroom pitch black.  I have recessed lighting cans throughout my entire house and while it is nice that all those fixtures have been updated electrically, they are not the best for lighting an entire large room.  For this reason I needed to add some tieback features to the bedroom windows. 

I got these basic hooks for $10 at Target.  It took all of about 10 minutes to install them.  They are slightly visable on the edges since I had to work around the framing of my window but that works for me.

And now I can draw the curtains open on the weekends and enjoy the lovely view.

Okay, just kidding about the lovely view.  But the light inside my bedroom actually allows me to see where things are.  Can't beat that.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. You know that window is one of my favorite things about that house! I only say it 10 times each visit. Great job accentuating it!

    ReplyDelete