Monday, November 21, 2011

Shower Success

This past weekend a few of us hosted a shower for our girl Nikki at my house.  I was my first indoor event hosted at the new house.  You may recall my first outdoor event which invovled giant Jenga and chocolate mustaches.  Since this was a baby shower, we classed it up a notch or two.  The shower theme was Yellow and Blue, the nursery colors.
I used Pinterest to collect great ideas for yellow and navy flower arrangements. I had about 5 different types of yellow flowers and put them in vases and jelly jars around the house.  I bought the navy and white ribbon at JoAnn's (yes, using my 25% off coupon.  Man that thing came in handy).
Stacey made this great banner from wrapping paper!  It carried on Nikki and Brad's wedding logo "n+b" by adding in little Weston.  The food and drinks were all set up in the dining room.  Tiny flags flew from lemon boats indentifying each dish.

You have to love the Son-Flower cake from Nothing Bundt Cake.  It not only matched but it tasted great!  The yellow cheveron table runner was just a scrap of fabric I had laying around the house and worked perfect with our theme.
The guests all decorated burb cloths for baby Weston in the living room while we ate and opened gifts.  On the way out we had blue and yellow M&Ms for the guests to grab.

All in all it was a very successful shower!  The mother-to-be enjoyed herself and got to catch up with her Dallas friends.  In the end, that is all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment