Wednesday, November 30, 2011

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

As soon as Thanksgiving was over I had Christmas on my mind.  I even roped my dad into helping me get my Christmas boxes out of the attic on Thanksgiving Day.  I think of it as working off our turkey.  I was in the market for a new Christmas tree since my old 9.5' tree would not have worked with my new 8' ceilings.  Now I'm not normally one to go out in all the Black Friday hoopla but with all my ornaments staring at me from boxes I could not resist.  I went to 4 big box stores between 10am and 11:30am.  I got great parking at all of them and didn't have a problem with crowds at all!  I did have a problem finding a 7.5' prelit tree until $100...which is why it took four stores, but at my last stop (the second Target of the day) I snagged one.  The last one to be exact.  It was $85 and I had a $5 coupon.  Not too bad!

I took it home and spent the rest of my afternoon getting it all set up.  Spreading out the limbs on a brand new fake tree is quite the chore.
When I finally got it done, it struck me as a bit of a Charlie Brown tree.  I could see right through it in spots.  But the size was perfect and I was armed with ornaments.  A couple of hours later it filled up!


I love decorating the tree every year and reuniting with some of my crazy ornaments that I forgot I had.  Like Yoda.

And Big Bird.

I also have an apple from 2nd grade, a pickle, some ornaments that I may or may not have stolen from my parents (flat Santas), and a really creepy glass clown that I hang in the back of my tree every year. 

Now that the tree is up I'm in the Holiday spirit and can't wait to get some decorations up in the dining room and outside.  I bought my lights for outside but since it's dark every night when I get home from work, those will have to wait until the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment