Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Rehash

Last night was my very first official Halloween to hand out candy.  My old condo never drew any trick or treaters but now that I'm officially in a neighborhood I was pretty excited to do it.  First I made sure people would know my house was open for business.  I switched out dead lightbulbs in front of the house.  This would announce that I was home and hopefully prevent any property-injury related lawsuits.  I already had my pumpkins on the front porch.
At Target last week I found this cute felt pumpkin placemat for $2.  It hung perfectly on a pre-existing nail in my front door.

My State Fair of Texas Skeleton Domo stood in the window greeting (or possibly scaring) all the kids and parents.

Through the dining room window, my pumpkin centerpiece was surely the envy of my neighbors.  Ha!

At 6:30pm my doorbell rang for the first time.  It was my neighbors two doors down with their cute little 8 month old.  After that I was up and down from the couch until I turned out the lights at 8:20.  Judging from my candy bowl, it was a very successful Halloween at my house.  When all was said and done, I had 44 tiny visitors begging for candy.

Before

After
Is it weird that I already can't wait until next year??

No comments:

Post a Comment