Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Meet My New Rug

I finally made a decision on my dining room rug dilemma. After staring at tape on my floor for a while, I decided that the larger 8 x 10 rug was the way to go.
The trick was finding a rug that larger that was affordable.  Since Overstock.com (or the O.co) was so helpful with my living room rug, I checked if they had anything that would work for this room.  I wanted something light and fun.  They had several rugs I really liked but I kept coming back to the same one.  After about a week, I went ahead and ordered it.  It came super fast so it's actually been sitting in my dining room rolled up for a couple of weeks.  I've had to keep it hidden from photos.  Here she is!

The rug looks great with the walls.  Now my curtains look out of place, but they will eventually be replaced.  The rug is thick and roomy enough for my chairs and then some. 

It is large, but doesn't take away from the hardwoods.  There is about 18" of wood flooring around the wall and then plenty still shows in the entry way.

It is a little crazy, but I like it.  I think it fits in great with the room and the rest of the house.  Now I just have to keep Pablo from peeing on it.  Luckily he doesn't ever hang out in the dining room.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD GOD I love this!!! I know that's dramatic but I really, really, really love the way this room is taking shape. And wish I could steal the rug from you.

    ReplyDelete